Monday 4 July 2011

M is for Machine stitching

The June challenge over on the Scrapology blog was to use the sketch below and to add machine stitiching as part of the layout. I used another old Sarahs Cards Kit (yes, yet another!) and some photos from our holiday in Northumbria in 2008. The Treehouse at Alnwick was amazing and we had a lovely lunch before visiting the gardens. I have machine stitched around the photo, along the borders and stitched a swirl on the round photo mat.







This challenge finishes tomorrow but you could play along with July's challenge here.
TFL


8 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Lovely layout Jules - I love Alnwick castle and the treehouse - did I tell you about when R got me stuck in my wheelchair trying to wheel me over one of the swinging bridges at the treehouse - I told him it wouldn't go over and I was right LOL!!! Luckily no photographic evidence!!

Lynn said...

Another lovely layout Julia, thank you for taking part in our challenge.

Rachael Elliott said...

Gorgeous page Julia, I love how you have used the two photos.
Don't worry you haven't got rid of me altogether I will still be popping onto the thread and checking out your blogs :) I will really miss seeing you all in November though :(

Anita said...

What a super layout Julia and WHAT an awesome treehouse, looks fantastic! Thank you so much for joining in over at Scrapology with us. Warmest wishes Anita.xx

Helen said...

Great layout, love the colours and well done on using the sketch

Nat said...

It's gorgeous Julia - gotta love stash busting!! :D xxx

Linda said...

Lovely layout Julia.
Thanks for joining in this month :)
Linda x

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous layout Julia and ooohhh!! I know that treehouse!! :)

Post a Comment