Saturday 7 April 2012

Stash busting lay out and cards!

It's not very often you find blue papers, and I mean really blue, but these Journey papers from Authentique matched Josh's uniform really well. I had them left over from this lo here called "Ice Maidens", so together with some AC chalkboard card it was time to use them up!

I stitched a little and added some butterflies, pearls and ric rac and the whole thing came together really quickly.




To ensure I am continuing with my stash busting I used the remaining scraps to make three cards for my charity basket.



I'm now off for a week from work as the kids are on Easter Holidays so in between some days out and other activities I'm sure I will sneak in a little scrapping!

Hope you've all ejoyed your Easter weekend :)

12 comments:

Mariangeles M said...

Great job!
I hope you're having fun :)

Helen said...

they are beautiful papers, I love the layout and the butterfly...well done on using your scraps for the cards too, they look great. Enjoy your holiday!

Alison said...

I know what you mean about blue - Josh's jumper looks really royal blue from what I can see - love the colour, but it was probably very difficult to match! Lovely layout, and great idea to use the scraps for cards - very satisfying, isn't it? :D

KraftyKaren said...

Lovely layout and well done for getting straight on and making cards - I must start doing that as my scraps pile is growing and growing again.

Karen x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Gorgeous page there, and well done on using it all up in the cards :)

Carin McDonough said...

Gorgeous page and I love, love, love the colour combination! I also love how you always make some cards to use up your scraps, I really need to do that too! :)

gwyneth said...

Gorgeous page Julie and great choice of papers. Love your cards too :)

gwyneth said...

Oops ! that should be Julia - sorry !!

Alison said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Julia.. I love Authentique papers and what you've done with them here is fab!
Alison xx

Lou said...

perfect papers for your lovely layout, like the idea of your charity basket too x

Lisa said...

lovely pic of the family on your lo, Jules and great cards too, such a good idea to make them for charity
Lisa
x

Daisy236 said...

I love the layout, great colour scheme too. Looking for inspiration do thanks for sharing x

Post a Comment