Monday 22 July 2013

2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt - Number 18


Number 18 on the list was your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop.  Well, I have surprised myself by not photographing the local pub (as I spend so much time in it lol!) and gone for the tea shop in the village - McDees.

A couple of Saturday's ago we saw ourselves offspring-free; Josh was on a trip to Jodrell Bank with the scouts and Alex was off on her Duke of Edinburgh expedition so we headed off for breakfast before spending a day shopping and lunching.  With the beautiful weather we were able to sit outside and although it doesn't look that attractive from this angle it does have a view of the village green.



Usually it is Tony and Josh who head off here every Saturday morning for some male bonding time and Tony has checked in on FB regularly for each visit.  So much so that one of his friends thought he was taking Josh to McDonalds every week!  On a Saturday morning when he updates he is doing something else and can't visit lots of friends express their sympathy and horror!


It is such a well run establishment owned by two sisters, one of whom was in my first ante-natal group, and they have a great reputation for good home cooking - the potato cakes are divine!  This day though I settled for a slice of granary toast and a cuppa!


Back soon with a few more finds and even some scrapping!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Lou said...

you are doing well, great photos..our village could do with a coffee shop like yours x

My not so simple life said...

Looks lovely, I love your blue top.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love seeing your local spot!
Rinda (who would love to see the pub, too)

Post a Comment