Saturday 26 January 2013

Simply a moment...




I hear the bell of the tea shop door ring behind me as Tony and Josh leave.  I am standing outside on the pavement looking across at the village green, all pretty covered in snow.  I am happy to feel the sun on my face.  Too many days recently there have been clouds; low, oppressive clouds.  I much prefer these crisp, sunny winter days.  On the green I see some children having a snowball fight and another set starting to build a snowman.  I smile at their luck of having snow when there is no school.  I give thanks that I live in such a lovely place with a sense of community.  We did not have to get the car out this morning but took a 20 minute ramble into the village to treat ourselves to a family breakfast.  Something else I am grateful for I realise; that we are able to have such a treat and that we enjoy spending time together.  Josh interrupts my thoughts by telling me that there will only be two more Doctors after Matt Smith.  Why? I ask.  Because the Doctor can only regenerate two more times, says Josh.  Another typically random fact from a boy who has so many in his head.  I wonder how he keeps them all in there.  I stand and stare a moment longer, soaking up the sun and the snowy scene.  Then I realise I am feeling rather full and it is time to get moving to walk off some of the wonderful breakfast I have just eaten.  And so we head off, crunching through the crisp snow as we go...

Simple a Moment is a chance to reflect once a month and is the brain child of Alexa.  Visit her blog and find out more here.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Aaawwww this post so made me smile ... I was almost standing there with you

Lou said...

when you can feel the sun on your face is the moment i love the most too....A lovely moment x

Maria Ontiveros said...

So much family happiness in this post. Thanks for sharing your moment.
Rinda

Post a Comment