Saturday 23 March 2013

UKS Weekly Challenge - March Week 3

This week's weekly challenge was a great one for scrapping the photos I took at the Take That concert in 2011.  The whole show was incredible and like no other concert I have ever been to (or proabably will go to again!)  I have cheated slightly as I have stretched this onto a page and a hlaf but I didn't want all three photos on the same page as two were taken after dark and the other before we went in the stadium.  Scrapping the extra 6x12 page has given me an opportunity to place my journalling here as I have lots to say about the day/evening!

So the brief was to...

  • Scrap a building, place or object 10pts
  • Use at least 3 photos, at least one of which must be at least 4x6 size (if you scrap smaller that 12x12, the photos can be in proportion, but the photos must be the main feature of the page!) 10pts
  • Do something creative with your title, rather than using stickers! Why not try covering or painting chipboard letters? hand cutting a title? stamping? hand writing/doodling? stitching? 10pts


  • My pages are below.  Sorry for the rubbish photos but the snow and grey skies outside do not make for good light for photography!  Here are the two pages together;


    The right hand page;


    And the left.  My title originally was painted over stickers and I was going to leave the negative however the adhesive lifted some of the patterned paper so then I outlined the gap left and placed the stickers slightly off like a shadow but this still looked wrong so I added a load of stitching over the letters which is something I've not done before and finally I was pleased with it! 


    This is one of my Gossamer Blue kits from October which I am supposed to be ignoring whilst I finish off my old Sarah's Cards' ones but the plan is not working lol!  Also used my new postage stamp punch on this which I am really loving :)



    7 comments:

    Jess said...

    Great photos I'm v jealous that you got to see Take That x

    KraftyKaren said...

    Really lovely - love how you have done the extra page to extend the original layout xx

    Helen said...

    love the pp and buttons, and I bet you had a fab time!

    Lou said...

    these are lovely pages. Take that are super in concert aren't they! x

    Sandra said...

    Really fabulous. How funny, I did the same recently about sewing over my title stickers

    My not so simple life said...

    amazing layouts, the title looks great!

    Carin McDonough said...

    Fab page Julia, I just adore your title, I always love it when people sew over the letters but yours looks especially good! I am also jealous that you got to see Take That as those concerts looked amazing! :)

    Post a Comment