Everyone else seems to be posting their finds already so I thought I'd best start showing mine! If you've not come across the scavenger hunt before then pop on over to Rinda's blog who will tell you all about it. If you like photography and a sense of achievement in ticking things off lists then this is for you!
Below is the complete list and I have a few things in mind for some but I am going to post this photo for number 9; something that is clearly out of place...
We were heading home after doing a little shopping in the village I live in when we did a double take as outside the toy and book shop, Forget-me-not (a lovely independent shop run by two local sisters) when we spotted the Michelin man. Alex screamed and begged me to turn around for a photo so there I was doing a u-turn at the next available opportunity and we headed back for a picture. I felt so sorry for the poor guy (or woman - who knows?!) as it was a sweltering hot day already. He was there to promote I-Spy books, something that brings back fond memories of childhood holidays and long car journeys.
So 1 down and 20 to go - looking forward to Summer photo scavenging :)
1. Open air market
2. Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater)
3. City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building
5. A sunset
6. Someone or something taking a nap
7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny
8. A tower
10. A bench that is outside
11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.
12. A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see)
13. A fence
14. A stained glass object or a mosaic
15. A fire truck or police car
16. A windmill
18. Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop
19. A fisherman
20. A dinosaur
21. A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)
Bonus/substitute items. If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items. You can substitute up to two items, but you cannot substitute Item #21:
A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country