Saturday 21 March 2015

Meadow Barn Pages

2 weekends ago I spent a fantastic weekend away at a barn in Herefordshire with a lovely group of crafting ladies.  We drank tea and ate cake, we had tea cooked for us by two lovely husbands, we chatted and crafted, we did a little Voice watching, we drank wine and we laughed until we cried!



It was a weekend that was good for the soul.  And good for my albums too as I managed 6 layouts and 3 cards over the weekend plus a framed gift a friend asked me to make.

Here are a few of the pages...(and I promise they are all straight in real life!)

First is Strawberry Tea.


I made a kit from anything pink I had in my stash and I love the result,  The Good Times tab behind the papers holds the journalling which describes how I was the main organiser for Strawberry Tea in Josh's last year at Primary School.  This is an annual event by the school and all the mums back strawberry cakes, the choir sings, there are a few readings by the children and parents and grandparents come to watch, drink tea and eat cake.  We raise a lovely amount of money for Breast Cancer Care and have fun doing it!  Alex was on an inset day from high school so joined in the fun too!


Melissani cave - This next one was made from a Gossamer blue kit and a sketch set by Gemma for our Sketchy Scrappers FB group.  I used a lovely, but rare, photo of all 4 of us on holiday in Kefalonia last year.  This was the sketch;




My Guys - The photo was taken in the early eve when the light was perfect outside the Millenium Centre while we were on a break in Cardiff. I love this picture so much.  It's such a great photo even thought they are all looking in different directions!  

This was also from a Gossamer Blue kit and I managed to kill 2 kits whilst I was away!  I need to keep up the momentum as I would dearly love to subscribe again but need to use the old stuff up first (insert determined smiley!)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment,  I'll share the rest of my pages as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Your pages were even lovelier "in the flesh" and definitely not wonky!

Sian said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm loving Gossamer Blue at the moment too. I've just about killed Feb's kit and I'm about to start on March! Your pages really are lovely.

Jess said...

Woohoo for killing two kits! Great layouts which don't look wonky at all to me xx

kjjc said...

lovely papers and great layouts.

Post a Comment