Sunday 19 April 2015

Year 6 Leavers pages with Simple Stories Life Documented

As I have had 12 days off work and we didn't get to make it to a far away place I managed quite a bit of scrapbooking.  The first weekend was the Easter bank holiday so lots of opportunity to play!

I wanted to tackle some pages for my 2012 album - one that I am mixing both 12x12 pages and pocket inserts to capture the smaller details.  I am up to July and one of the events that month was Josh's leaving party from primary school.  It's quite an exciting event with a limo ride for the kids and a party in the local social club attended by the kids, teachers, parents and grand parents. For a lot of my friends and myself it was the end of an era with our youngest child leaving and heading for high school.

This is Josh all dressed up and ready to go..


Whenever there is a major milestone or a party we always like to take a few shots outside the front of the house.  This was both of them ready to go...



I decided to use one range of patterned papers for this event and boy did it help me scrap quickly.  I bought matching embellishments and so added minimal things from my own stash - some enamel dots and wood veneers and a bit of mist here and there. A huge thank you to Sarah and Leanne from Hey Little Magpie as they were very helpful when I was trying to choose papers to go with the photos.  I am lucky enough to live near Sarah so although she doesn't have a bricks and mortar shop she was kind enough to let me into the stock room to see the papers irl before buying! It is an Aladdin's cave!!!

So on to more pages...Some of the pocket inserts...







A did a double page with many of my friends on whose children were leaving. I'd been inspired by seeing a few stamped back grounds on various blogs so decided to have a go as I was running out of patterned paper by this point!  I added some stars made with texture paste and blue glitter through a Heidi Swapp stencil and I was quite pleased for my first attempt


And finally a lovely shot of Alex and I taken some way into the evening.  She really doesn't like having her picture taken anymore so this is a rare photo now!


Thanks for sticking with the post if you've made it this far.  I found it very productive just using the one range although by the end I was ready to not see it again!  I have a few scraps left to make some cards with and plenty of stickers, brads and chipboard shapes to add into my stash for the future.

I'll be back soon with the pages I made the following weekend!

5 comments:

alexa said...

Oh, what an important event to scrap! You have included so many aspects, and with such great style, I am sure these will be much treasured in years to come. Using the one range really gives a cohesive feel.

Sian said...

That's a big milestone!

I love the look of pocket pages and big layouts all in an album together..it's very satisfying to look through, especially when it's all so beautifully pulled together like this

KraftyKaren said...

What a fab scrapbooking session - so many pages, must be very satisfying to do them all at once. They are all great and love how you mix pocket pages in with your 12 x 12 layouts x

My not so simple life said...

Beautiful layouts, the last one is my fave :)

Lou said...

aww, you've created lovely memories here x

Post a Comment