Tuesday 18 September 2012

2012 Scavenger hunt - a few more finds

I didn't think I was going to get a photo of a shadow as we have lost the sun here and my holiday pics with a shadow on have gone along with the hard drive before I could back them up :( however looking through my London photos today I found these two.  If you look closely you can see Alex and Josh's shadows in the first pic on the ball and in the second the shadow of the furthest ball on the ground.  Love the reflections in these shots too.




We also spotted some roadside stands in London - firstly selling all things British!


And this one we couldn't resist not only photographing but eating!  All that lovely fruit... and chocolate sauce?  Yes please!!



Mmmm! Strawberries and chocolate...


Next is my national monument aptly called The Monument.  Built to commemorate the Great Fire of London in 1866 which devastated so much of the surrounding area.  Sadly we didn't have the time (or the energy at this point!) to walk to the top but I plan to go back and do that soon!




This is  Bankside pier from the Millenium Bridge.  Not quite the seaside pier I had envisaged but the only one I have seen!  It is part of the London transport system with ferries going regularly  from it to various points up and down the Thames.


I knew I wanted this as my border when I planned my trip South.  I had thought it would be with blue skies and fields of waving corn but the weather and farmers had other ideas!  Having been born in this county whenever I reach this point on a journey to my parents' house I always feel like I am nearly home.



So this is where I am up to so far...Can I get all 21? The pressure is on now!!

1. A pier
2. A clothesline
3. A border
4. A roadside stand selling something
5. A train
6. A historical landmark
7. A person playing a musical instrument
8. A person dressed as an angel or a statue of an angel
9. A fountain
10. A horse
11. A shadow
12. A maze, labyrinth, or trail.
13. A library
14. A person playing with a ball.
15. Someone dancing.
16. A bride.
17. A church, chapel, cathedral, mosque or temple.
18. A movie poster
19. An outdoor stairway
20. A swing hanging from a tree (or a hammock)
21.  A picture of you standing with something that symbolizes your nation.




0 comments:

Post a Comment