Thursday 9 May 2013

UKS Weekly challenge - May week 1u

Having snuck some butterflies on a layout about Josh for last week's challenge I was a bit reluctant to add flowers so decided it was time to scrap a photo of Tony instead!

The challenge this week was to...

Use the sketch for a masculine LO= 10 points
Add flowers= 10 points
Use an inking technique =10 points

I loved the sketch and rotated it for my portrait photo.  It was perfect for using up the scraps I had left in one of my kits.  I misted in three places and then used up the rest of the Glitz - Love Nest kit from Sarah's adding some buttons and some letters from my stash.  The photo was taken in the lakes a couple of years ago - we had gone up to do some family history research and found this statue of Laurel and Hardy outside the Tourist Information office.  Ulverston is Stan Laurel's place of birth.


Thank you to Tink for a fab challenge :)

9 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Really lovely layout and the misting looks fab.

Ulverston is lovely - did you get to the Colony Candle factory whilst there? They have a fab tearoom there so is always a must for us whilst in the Lakes x

Helen said...

Lovely layout Julia, I like the effects of the inking and misting.

Nikki said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Great misting ( I can never get mine to look to fine and where I want it!) and I love you flowers. Thanks so much for joining in with Scrap Happy!

Jolene said...

Wow Love this, especially love all the layers and the misting. Thanks for joining with scrap happy's challenge.

Sandra said...

Gorgeous, totally gorgeous

Chidkid said...

Brilliant! Love the photo and the title not to mention the brilliant take on our challenge.. Thanks for joining in!

michele said...

Gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining us :)

Squirrel said...

Ooh WHITE mist! Love that - another thing for the shopping list LOL. Beautiful page.

Alison said...

Gorgeous layout! Love it all - the colour combo, the techniques, all the strips of paper - wonderful.

Post a Comment