Sunday 1 November 2015

Me on a Monday

Joining in with Sian's meme today and hello to all the other "Me on a Mondayers".

It was a very satisfying weekend of getting things crossed off the (ever increasing) To Do List and going places to see some fabulous things with a bit of TV watching thrown in for good measure (Gogglebox, the Mexican Grand Prix and Downton).

It was a catch up on cleaning and washing kind of Saturday interspersed with setting up my new, designed by me, planner...


...helping Alex plan the weekly meals for the family (this is week 3 of 6 and is something she is doing for her Baden Powell Challenge badge)...


...and meeting up with the in-laws for a coffee kind of afternoon.

It was then a head into Manchester kind of Saturday evening to see this cheeky chappy..


and he didn't disappoint,  And neither did the lovely Chinese we had before the show in China Town...


It was a lazy kind of Sunday, heading back over to pick the kids up from their Grandparents and heading to the Cinema to see the handsome hunk that is Daniel Craig!  I love a Bond movie...so predictable and so entertaining.  Thoroughly enjoyed it...


Then it was a "let's sort the shoebox" kind of afternoon.  We nipped into the shops for Josh to pick up a few things for his appeal at school and then added some things from his own (slightly overgrown) toy collection.  The dinosaur has since been swapped for a monkey.  It appears there is an emotional attachment that is too strong to let go...



This Monday finds me in a very sad and reflective mood as it is a year to the day that my friend died. Death is is hard to handle at the best of times but when it is mixed in with a violent murder it becomes so much more challenging.  The last 12 months have been a rollercoaster of emotions but hopefully we will get some closure this week when sentencing takes place.


In the meantime I have plans this evening to meet with friends and we will reflect and remember; both the bad and the good.

Sorry to leave my post on such a sombre note.  I hope you understand, my good blog friends, that not all days can be filled with sunshine.

Give your loved ones an extra hug today and call that friend you've been meaning to speak to. Wishing you all a good week x

6 comments:

Louise H said...

My love and prayers to you and all those affected by such sad events. I hope the sentencing brings a sense of closure and some comfort (not sure that is really the word I want but I hope you understand what I mean).
Michael McIntyre is one of my favourite comedians - would have loved to have been there too. x

Sandra said...

Seems so senseless that someone so young can be taken from her friends and family in such a way. I pray you have some sense of close. Sending love your way xxx

alexa said...

Thinking of you, and your friend and families ... Glad there were bright and happy moments in the weekend too, and if you ever felt like doing a post on that splendid-looking planner, I'd love to read it :).

Sheena said...

We saw Michael McIntyre when he came to Birmingham - so funny x
So sorry to hear the news regarding your friend, I hope you find some closure once the court case is over xxx

Maggie said...

It sounds like a weekend of mixed emotions from laughter and pleasure to sadness and reflection. I am sorry to hear of your loss and hope the court case brings the closure you all need. Xxxxxx

Sian said...

Oh Julia: what a loss. I'm so sorry.

Post a Comment