Wednesday 3 February 2016

Northumbria pocket pages

Way back when on National Scrapbooking Day Weekend I made these project life style cards.  They have been sat on my desk ever since so over Christmas, with some time off work, I set to work to use them and finish off our holiday album from a week we spent in Northumbria in 2008!

There were still a few gaps in the album with things we'd seen or stories to tell and I decided that pocket pages would mean I could it all documented a lot quicker.  It was back in 2008 after all and there's plenty more photos still to scrap both before and after that!

The first page below is now the cover page for the album.  The Angel of the North was the first place we stopped before we'd even reached the cottage.  It was so magnificent rising out of almost nowhere.  It's such a shame it's right by the busy A1!


Next up were some pages of our visit to Alnwick Gardens.  I had already scrapped some 12x12 pages but had a load more photos of the gorgeous water features, fountains and the poison garden that I wanted in the album.




I did make a couple of extra pocket cards to match the others and I used up a ton of old embellishments in my "use it up pile".  Having them all co-ordinate gives a cohesive look I really like and with the addition of modern things like enamel dots and punched hearts I don't think anything looks very dated.

Next it was a quick page to record our visit to Souter lighthouse.  I used some very old papers for this and left a lot of the pockets quite plain but I like the finished result.


Finally some photos from a day on Keilder water and Josh as a budding "twitcher" at our cottage.  Again I pulled out some really old papers for these pockets and added some old rub ons, vellum quotes and chipboard speech bubbles (but cut off the pointy bit!)


That left just one page to complete the album which I will share later this week.  

It felt good to get so many photos and stories scrapped and I'm really looking forward to doing more pocket pages this year.






2 comments:

Sian said...

Some of the cards you have there look like lovely little layouts in their own right, they are so nicely embellished

Susanne said...

You are making great use of the pocket page protectors. I had no idea whether your stuff was old or new - it all looks good to me.

Post a Comment